Sunday, November 15, 2009

:: ready ::


i distinctly remember saying once, after evan was born, that i missed being pregnant. i assure you right now: i will not say that this time. i am so freaking ready for this child to come. in my moments of greatest pain and discomfort i have considered reaching up in there and yanking that child out with my bare hands.

i was hoping that working on this sweet little baby's sweet little quilt would be a welcome distraction, but just pin-basting it last night i had to take two breaks. and it's only about a square yard in size.

if anyone out there knows how to remove one's own baby before going into labor, please let me know. i'd really appreciate it.

(p.s. can i just say how much better wood floors are than carpet? sandwiching and basting the quilt at our old place used to be a nightmare but this was super easy (except for the pains shooting down my leg and the fact that my belly was hanging down all pendulous over my pajama pants). hooray for hardwoods.)

4 comments:

Unknown November 15, 2009 at 2:14 PM  

I totally know the pain.
When's your due date?

Unknown November 15, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

5 weeks from yesterday. I was 9 days early with my first so I am SO hoping for an early delivery again this time. Of course that means she'll be born in January. : )

Red Pepper Quilts - Rita Hodge November 16, 2009 at 2:54 AM  

Lovely fabric choices!

MMmmm know that ready to drop feeling, my youngest child was two weeks overdue! I was expecting him to arrive late Dec however he hung on until 21 January.

Take care,
Rita

vabessa November 19, 2009 at 10:53 AM  

Hah, I had forgotten how uncomfortable those last few weeks were!