Monday, November 16, 2009

:: some help, please ::


i've been toying with the idea of offering calling cards in the shop. it's something i intended to do back in the spring when things were a little bit slower in the shop and i had a bit of spare time still. but a custom order for some business cards led me to play around with some of the patterns i recently designed for my 2010 illustrated desk calendar and the next thing i knew, i had some calling cards mocked up.

but now i want to know: whaddaya think? not of the designs, per se, although i'd love to hear about that, too. but what do you think about calling cards. would you use them? do you currently?

8 comments:

~ Julie ~ November 16, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

I love calling cards. I buy calling cards. I find however, that most of them stay in my purse for lack of people to give them to. That being said, you'd probably still have a purchase from me at some point. :)

Anonymous November 16, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

your patterns look great on a business card. i use website cards from avie for my etsy shop, which are smaller, but it's the same idea. if you could adapt these to fit just a website, that might give people another option, depending on what they need of course. :)

CitricSugar November 17, 2009 at 2:23 AM  

I am a big fan of calling cards and want to bring them back like JT did with sexy.

Cute designs!

Jennifer November 17, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

I love calling cards & always carry them with me. I prefer to give them to people I meet socially - so much more fun than a boring business card.

nichole November 17, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

I love calling cards (and these are so cute - love the brown at the top).

I know a lot of people that use them, especially to hand out to other moms/parents they meet on the playground. Who has a pen handy at all times?

They are also so much cooler than scribbling your digits down on a piece of paper, and less stodgy than handing a business card to someone you just met on a social level.

Pretty Neat Designs November 17, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

They look great! Love the colorful patterns.

Dianne K. Nelson November 25, 2009 at 9:31 PM  

I think calling cards are fantastic!

Amy December 2, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

I would soooo buy your calling cards. I was in the market about 2 months ago. But I definitely still need em. :)

Please keep us posted.

Amy