Saturday, September 26, 2009

:: I Can't Stop Making Things ::



my postpartum depression after evan was born is how this whole up up creative business started: i couldn't stop making things. and now here we are again. it's like some kind of primal urge. feel bad, busy your hands?

i don't claim to understand it.



the good news is that evan and the baby are really going to benefit. this week i made a tie for evan and i'm finishing knitting the baby the cutest knitted pants ever made.

(these are just previews; i'll post a better pic of the pants when they're finished and i'll post a picture of evan wearing his tie at my sister's wedding next weekend, where he will be the most handsome kid and probably the only one wearing an honest-to-god tie and not some clip on piecce of ugliness. but then i'm biased.)

2 comments:

Lindsay Masland September 26, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

I was wondering if you used a pattern for your tie, and if so, if it goes down to size 6 mos or so. I'm the "Best Woman" in a wedding in a month, and I think the brides might just flip if my kiddo had a tie in their wedding colors.

Unknown September 27, 2009 at 8:40 AM  

Nancy, I made it using the instructions here http://www.purlbee.com/little-boys-tie/ but there aren't any sizes or anything. Actually, the size they give you is slightly too long for my 2 year old, by about 3 inches, but we're going to pin it up so it won't show.

I wonder if you really want to put a real tie around a little baby's neck, anyway, since if the baby yanks on it he/she could choke! yikes!