Wednesday, June 10, 2009

:: :: input please :: ::



i spent six years in a ph.d. program in english, and right before i left (this is a coincidence, i assure you), i had one of the program directors send an email asking for imput. with an m. and i almost died. but now i am always a tiny bit nervous about asking for input because that m is just stuck in my brain forever. in fact now the n looks wrong to me.

anyway, i think there was a post somewhere in here. a request for feedback.

ah yes, here it is. yesterday i put up a little splash page at upupcreative.com. i'm not totally convinced that i like it, although once that big speech bubble is gone i'll like it better, i'm sure. whaddaya think? should it have images of items in my shop instead of the illustration? i mean, this is just the initial entry page, so i wanted to keep it simple...

but now i'm just rambling. lemme know what you think.

7 comments:

Perideau Designs June 10, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

I do think the bubble is a little distracting.

Unknown June 10, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

I'm using that silly bubble as my motivation to just get the rest of the site finished and ready to go so I can take that part off. : )

Pretty Neat Designs June 10, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

I actually like the bubble. Bubble aside, I like it as a header because it is interesting, yet simple. And pretty. ANd the colors are great. As for your question about having items from the shop instead of the illustration, I prefer the illustration for the introduction. Thats my opinion.

cindy June 10, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

i like the bubble! i think it's adorable. but the light blue font color was a bit hard to read.

Inklore June 10, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

I think it looks clean and easy to use; like it. And I just have to ask how you put the links on the bottom; I recently saw another site done that way and I'm obsessed with getting my own to look like that!

Unknown June 10, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

thanks so much, everyone, for your feedback.

inklore, i'm not exactly sure about your question, but i used tables for the site layout, allowing me to create links from each image separately.

if you've got something specific you're working with i could try to help you...

nichole June 11, 2009 at 3:19 PM  

I love it. Fresh, clean, minimal and inviting. So exciting. ;)

I love working on new sites! Helping my client with one right now, and it makes me want to do it. With what time, I have no idea.

Congrats on the ONE baby. I had the same fear due to twins on both sides of my family as well. Held my breath until I knew I was having a baby, not babies.