Thursday, June 11, 2009

:: :: just one :: ::



well, the news of the day is that i'm definitely only carrying one baby. yesterday we had an ultrasound (not the ultrasound - still no idea if i am having a boy or a girl) and within about one second of her putting the goop on my belly and then pressing the wand somewhat uncomfortably into my abdomen i saw it: just one baby.

i've got boy-girl twins on both sides of my family -- my mom's siblings and my dad's aunt and uncle and maybe others. and the first time around i never even had the inclination that i might be having twins, but this time i was getting the vibe.

don't get me wrong, i'm relieved that i'm only having one because oh my god we would need two new cars and some serious babysitting help with twins but there was a definite twinge of disappointment in there, too, which shocked the hell out of me.

but today i'm back to just feeling relieved. one baby. just one. yay for one.

6 comments:

caroline June 11, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

congratulations! :)

cousette June 11, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

congrat for this ONE baby!!!

Unknown June 11, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

thanks, you guys. just seven more weeks until i get to find out if i am having a girl or a boy. evan said yesterday that the picture of the baby (the sonogram) looks like a girl. : )

jenny lynn June 11, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

Yeah for baby! Yeah for Julie!

stelie designs June 11, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

Congratulations on one baby. I went into my first ultrasound expecting one baby and saw 2. In 4 weeks my second set of twins will arrive.

Wishing you coninued healthy pregnancy.

ben's Mama June 17, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

what is it with the 2nd time around and getting those 'vibes' - I even had a fortune teller tell me that i was having twin girls (THANK GOODNESS SHE WAS WRONG!!!) can't imagine how i would deal with that - btw - am totally feeling boy right now for you --- a lil' brother for evan...