Saturday, January 19, 2008

:: The Week In Projects ::

Here's Peanut, this week's naptime project. No surprise, he's from Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts (the only craft book I own). I think my favorite part is his ears:

Peanut

But I love the tail, too:

Peanut

Evan seems to like Peanut, too:

Evan w/ Peanut

A lot:

Evan w/ Peanut

In dissertation news, this week saw some writing (I'm up to about 8 ages in the last ten days) but mostly a lot of, um, worrying. I mean that in the way you worry a stone, turning it over and over in your pocket, rubbing it till it seems it must be getting smaller right there between your fingers. This week was one of those ideas-tumbling-around weeks. I'm on my way to an idea but it's still gestating and the only way to help it along is to draw these diagrams and then write a question and an arrow to another question and sometimes an answer or thought along the way. It's a strange process and my notes are all over the place.

Dissertation Notes

Interestingly, I feel absolutely no desire to actually talk about it. When Brian asks how it's going I practically become mute. It's like he's asked me about a very personal, very painful past experience that I'm not ready to talk about yet. It's like when we got engaged and for a couple of months I just did not want to talk about the wedding because I didn't feel like a wedding girl. It wasn't until we decided to do a nice, small, backyard wedding with no more than 30 people that we both got excited and talked about it all the time.

I can't tell if the reason I don't want to talk about the diss is like that -- like it's something that I just don't want to dwell on because it feels very wrong -- or if it's more like the analogy I used above -- I'm just not ready yet. Only time will tell.

Finally, this week found me totally obsessing over this apartment:

Groovy Apartment

If you follow the link above you can see lots more pictures.  You should do it.  Go look.  Seriously.  I love it so much I can't stand it. Mostly I like three things: (1) that it has a sense of humor and reflects well the people who live in it; (2) that it's colorful and has lots of stuff around but it doesn't seem cluttered or insane; and (3) that it perfectly combines a sort of vintage feel with a very modern one. It's my ideal, and it doesn't hurt that Brian likes it also. I know. I sent him a link to feel him out.

4 comments:

Christina January 19, 2008 at 7:00 PM  

The elephant is cute, but OMG Evan is adorable!

Has it been awhile since you posted a picture of him, or did his cheeks grow overnight? He's lost that little new-baby look and has settled nicely into that delicious roly-poly baby phase.

motherofbun January 20, 2008 at 11:37 AM  

THe elephant is sweet but your little man is absolutely adoreable! Awwwww.

And that apartment? SO COOL!

Joslyn January 21, 2008 at 7:10 AM  

i'm loving the elephant...you could probably even sell it at Tiny McPricey ;-)

Peanut is awfully darn cute too!

Two, Two, Two Awesome Days In One! « Letter9 March 23, 2008 at 11:15 AM  

[...] gave Chloe her own Peanut, made with pink and green flowered fabric that I never get to use for baby things because every [...]