Thursday, January 17, 2008

:: Runaway Husband ::

I've written before about my husband and the snooze button. When he's got a specific reason he must get up, like studying for the bar, he usually refrains from hitting snooze. He puts the alarm clock partway across the room and thus forces himself out of bed.

I should get him this instead:

Coco Clocky, the Runaway Alarm Clock

image via http://www.nandahome.com

Here's the blurb from the company that makes 'em:
The alarm clock that runs away and hides to get you out of bed. Clocky gives you one chance to get up. But if you snooze, Clocky will jump off your nightstand and wheel around your room looking for a place to hide, beeping all the while. You'll have to get out of bed to silence his alarm. Clocky is kind of like a misbehaving pet, only he will get up at the right time.

Cracks me up. Seems almost worth $50 just to see an alarm clock do that.

5 comments:

Toni January 18, 2008 at 5:02 AM  

Too funny! Fortunately for me hubby doesn't use an alarm. And fortunately for our pocketbook his boss doesn't care. He tried using one back in the eighties but it didn't work out. :)

Janet January 18, 2008 at 9:38 AM  

We were forced to put our alarm clock across the room due to old house receptabcle issues. It forced us to get up, for awhile. My hearing has now evolved to the point where I hear the loud music and promptly fall back to sleep. My kids are late for school A LOT.

BTW, Clocky sounds dirty.

slouching mom January 18, 2008 at 10:16 AM  

OK, now THAT is clever. Only I fear that one too many of them will end up getting hurled at the wall.

Jean January 18, 2008 at 11:21 AM  

If you haven't seen this thing in person, you should look up videos. It is awesome. I saw the inventor showing the product while flipping through the channels a while back and thought it was great. I ordered one from www.dormbuys.com for $49.99. Clocky was even better once I got it!

Christina January 18, 2008 at 1:25 PM  

Great idea, but only if it is indestructible.