Thursday, November 19, 2009

:: background patterns ::


i've been getting a lot of emails lately asking for all kinds of sourcing information: where do i get this paper, where do i get that whatever else. and sometimes i don't mind sharing the info and sometimes i do. and sometimes i'm sort of insulted.

like my new patterns. that i drew in a sketchbook. and imported onto the computer. and worked very hard on. to create by myself. someone recently asked me where i found those patterns because she wanted to go download them for her own design work. and i responded nicely even though i kind of wanted to tell her where to find those patterns: IN MY SHOP AND PLEASE KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF, LADY.

but anyway, that's not the point of this post. in fact the point of this post is actually to share a resource i stumbled upon last night while i was not sleeping and wishing i didn't have pains shooting down my legs (a resource for background patterns that is oh so creatively called bgpatterns.com, but hey, at least it makes sense). i don't use it for my design work or anything, but it's a super easy tool for non-designers to use to create very cool background images for websites and other similar applications. and when i say super easy i mean SUPER easy. there's a library of images to use, some textures to play around with.

it's as easy as reading this blog post, just with a little bit more clicking. now go enjoy.

2 comments:

Jan November 19, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

I sympathize with you. Lots of folks want the silver platter answers - without doing any work or research on their own. The nerve. I hold my cards close! We're not consultants...that's what I constantly remind myself of.

silk December 2, 2009 at 4:49 AM  

This website will be very useful. Thanks for sharing :)