Tuesday, June 16, 2009

:: :: stressful dreams :: ::



this illustration, called "hopes and dream," is by ashleyg. it doesn't capture the stress but it certainly captures the oddness of my dream. it's far lovelier, though.

i woke up this morning in the middle of a very stressful dream:

it was evan's first day of "kindergarten" (in quotation marks because he was actually the same age he is now, almost two, but in the dream it was called kindergarten) and so i wanted to go with him to that but i also had two homework assignments due (one for my 8th grade math teacher who wanted me to write a thesis-driven paper about some rom-com about parenting that i had forgotten to watch, and i was to compare it a book i was supposed to have read) and i also had to share cars with my dad.

and there was something about parking on a hill or something? i don't quite remember that part.

it was awful. not quite nightmare but no fun either. but the upside was that it made me awfully glad that i'm not in school anymore.

3 comments:

Pretty Neat Designs June 16, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

Test/school dreams are the worst! When I was studying for the bar I had a dream that the answer choices to a question started talking to me and said, "here, we'll show you!" and started running all over the page!

Unknown June 16, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

hey, as long as they showed you the right answer then talking test answers sound a-ok to me.

Pretty Neat Designs June 16, 2009 at 6:45 PM  

I wish that were the case. In that dream I remember talking back to them and screaming, "I can't fill in the bubble if you are moving!"