Thursday, May 28, 2009

:: :: all over :: ::

ladies and gentlemen i give you:

my first repeating pattern design.

i haven't had the chance to color it yet, which i plan to do, and i don't totally love the larger parts of the print. i think i'll go back and edit those. but still. i'm pretty psyched to have learned how to create a seamless pattern repeat.

and i'm wondering: if i post a tutorial, would you want to learn how to do this? and would you be willing to share your work with everyone? i mean, you could send it to me and i could post it and so it could totally be anonymous. but i'd love to get some creative flow going.

alternately, i'm thinking of a group word game. maybe a monthly thing where someone chooses one word of inspiration and the group has to come up with SOME kind of project (art, food, photography, craft, poem, etc.) that was inspired by the word.

thoughts? interest?

9 comments:

Big Blue Eyes Press May 28, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

I LOVE IT! I would up for creating a pattern and sharing - I'm in. (But I do need the tutorial!)

Unknown May 28, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

Yes please! These are great ideas.

cindy May 28, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

sounds like a good way to get the creativity going! :) way to be proactive about it

linda May 28, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

I absolutely love patterns - please do post a tutorial...I was thinking about tessellations then got confused as my head hurt and gave up, haha!

Great ideas - go for it!

Bridgett May 28, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

Great idea, count me in! And yes I would need a tutorial.

Pretty Neat Designs May 28, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

I like your word game idea a lot! Count me in. And I think a tutorial is a good idea too!

Dionne May 28, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

This is great - I would love to see this pattern as a lining on a cool jacket. Awesome!

linda May 29, 2009 at 9:02 AM  

Oh dear - I just found a post about creating patterns, one way to do it anyway here - http://www.designspongeonline.com/2008/05/welcome-julia-and-how-to-make-a-repeat-pattern.html

Rachel May 29, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

Love the idea of the word game!