Tuesday, March 11, 2008

:: Optimist's Quilt ::

See all these darling 2.5" squares all lined up on my ironing board?

Squares Lined Up

It's official, people: I'm about to embark on my first pieced quilt. In fact, I even paired them up with their neighbors, made a little stack of pairs, and chain-sewed the first set of pairs today.

Stacked Quilt Squares

It's our "Spring Park-Going Blanket." I'm a bit eager to finish it because some small part of me sort of believes that if I sew it, Spring will come.

5 comments:

Toni March 11, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

How very "Field of Dreams" of you. Let me know how that works out. :)

Mom March 12, 2008 at 8:39 AM  

I love it! Can't wait to see it progress :-)

I am sure it will bring spring with it, so sew fast!

mandy March 12, 2008 at 1:44 PM  

oohhh good luck I love pretty quilts
Mandy :)

melissa@yummygoods March 17, 2008 at 3:51 AM  

Spring will come if you sew that blanket. Spring wants to make out with you on that blanket.

Just In Time For Four Days Of Rain « Letter9 May 7, 2008 at 6:07 PM  

[...] In Time For Four Days Of Rain 07May08 March 11th: the day I joked that sewing this quilt would bring spring. I didn’t tell you that I wouldn’t finish it for nearly two months (oh my god, really?! [...]