Thursday, December 20, 2007

:: You Mean I Need To Come Up With A Title, Too? ::

I know. I know. I've been neglectful lately. I'm sorry I haven't called you back, Aub. And Dawn, I haven't called to let you know that you left your scarf here on Saturday. And all my bloggy friends, I know, I haven't been commenting. My bloglines reader has, like, 104 unread posts. But I'm thinking of you all, I swear. And making stuff for many of you. I'm busy as hell but really enjoying it.

I get to hang out with my super sweet getting-on-a-schedule-dare-I-jinx-it baby all day...

Me and Evan Today

And while he's napping, I get to make fun things like these...

Stuff I'm Working On

Pictured at bottom is the very beginning of Evan's stocking. I hand-appliqued the tree and presents. It still has a few presents, their ribbons, some ornaments, a star, and some snow to be added (hand embroidered, appliqued, and otherwise added) and, of course, a toe and top to go on, and a lining to insert, blah de blah. But it's getting there. My favorite, though, are the bibs. And Evan thinks he's not getting any presents...

I'm really missing the tree (I actually went to Target and bought 18 mini ornaments and some gold garland to decorate our headboard because I need some Christmas, damnit) but enjoying all this elf-like work. However, once we get home to Rochester, I plan on doing only fun, Christmas-y things: drinking cocoa, decorating (and then eating!) cookies, sitting near the tree with all its lights on, opening presents, hell, maybe even hitting some post-Christmas sales without the babe. In other words, no sewing. Or, since I have to finish the stocking after my mom machine-embroiders Evan's name on it, minimal sewing.

Until then, I guess I'll be holed up in our bedroom during Evan's naps. Oh yeah, and packing. At some point I supposed I should start packing. Hmm...

5 comments:

Janet December 20, 2007 at 5:01 PM  

Gosh, he's sweet!

And you! You're very crafty. I'm impressed.

Christina December 20, 2007 at 7:18 PM  

Awww...look at him sitting up! He's getting so big.

And wow I'm impressed with all of your super craftiness! (is that a word?) Those bibs are adorable.

Tonight I just finished a tutu for Cordy that looks adorable, and I'm still working on knitting scarves, too. I might be done with everything in time for Christmas.

Rebecca December 21, 2007 at 9:06 AM  

Your baby is SUCH a cutie! I want a baby too! Waaah!
Look at your gorgeous sewing! I have no talent, sadly.

Christie December 22, 2007 at 4:58 AM  

He sure is a looker! :)

McSwain December 23, 2007 at 10:44 PM  

When faced with a collage of pictures like these, it's hard to think of anything to say but...


Awww!