Thursday, February 4, 2010

:: looking back ::


{ the next morning }

the other night, owing to a cranky baby, a needy toddler, and a husband at night court (as the attorney, not the defendant), i didn't get to sit down to work until 9:40 at night. and of course it was one of those record-setting-sales kind of days and i had so many orders to get ready to go and so much stuff to do.

i was cranky from the day and annoyed that i had gotten so little done and i had the kind of headache that's best relieved by massaging your head.

but as i sat on the floor and brian passed filled envelopes to me for postage and i looked at the pile of orders ready to go in front of me and then at the clock it just struck me: these are the nights i'll look back at with fond reminiscence. when my business has grown and i'm more settled in and all, i'll sit and think back to that winter when emily was born and business started booming so suddenly and i did everything by hand and brian helped me and we worked into the wee hours.

i went to bed considerably cheered.

7 comments:

Pretty Neat Designs February 4, 2010 at 6:27 PM  

Thats such a great perspective. Congratulations on the business boom! Awesome.

Hello, I'm Emily Clare. February 4, 2010 at 6:46 PM  

That's so true! And there is something so extremely satisfying about a pile of envelopes, crisp and ready to mail.
Congrats on your business booming! Your're a favorite seller on my etsy list, for sure!

hub-e February 4, 2010 at 7:27 PM  

Tru dat, yo. Glad to be a part of it, hon.

Emily R February 5, 2010 at 8:39 AM  

What a great perspective! I just read your "I am..." column. Did you get your undergrad in English too? I did and am now taking on web design and hopefully graphic design after that...funny how our interests shift (though good luck prying a book out of my hands :) )

Pattie February 5, 2010 at 10:36 AM  

That is a very encouraging thought :)

It actually encouraged me to keep going and not just let go.

Thank you!
Be Blessed

SweetBeaker February 5, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

it's so lovely that you were able to step aside from the situation to reflect - something i wish i could do more of!

Anonymous February 8, 2010 at 4:06 PM  

fantastic attitude... perhaps you need to add "cheerleader" to your roles!