Monday, February 1, 2010

:: connections & creative commons ::


{ garland of hearts by yourockmyworldbaby, available under a creative commons license }

despite being so busy with orders and kids and the very occasional shower, i just sent out my second newsletter last night. with the shop and the blog and facebook and twitter, sometimes it feels like just connecting with people is a full-time job in itself. but seeing past customers return to the shop last night and this morning as a direct result of that newsletter? well, it made all the extra work i did to get that ready to go out worth it.

and no, it's not the sales themselves or the dollars they brought in. it's knowing that people were pleased with their initial purchases and that they were intrigued enough by my latest work to stop back on by the shop. that feels good.

if you'd like to see my most recent newsletter, you can find it here. to subscribe so that you can receive future newsletters, click here.

3 comments:

Julie February 2, 2010 at 8:54 PM  

That's so exciting that you are about to hire help, means that things are going so fabulous with the shop! Yay! I have to agree that there is nothing like knowing that people have loved an item you've made so much that they want to keep current on what's going on.
Cheers!

Anonymous February 3, 2010 at 2:46 PM  

I am the kind of hombre who loves to try new things. Right now I'm building my personal pv panels. I am making it all by myself without the help of my men. I am utilizing the internet as the only way to acheive this. I stumbled upon a very brilliant site which explains how to contruct pv panels and wind generators. The site explains all the steps required to solar panel construction.

I'm not exactly sure bout how accurate the information given there iz. If some people over here who had xp with these things can have a look and give your feedback in the page it would be awesome and I'd really appreciate it, cause I extremely passion [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Thanks for reading this. U guys are the best.

Anonymous February 3, 2010 at 6:50 PM  

My friend and I were recently talking about how we as human beings are so hooked onto electronics. Reading this post makes me think back to that debate we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes cheaper, the possibility of uploading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about almost every day.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4 SDHC[/url]NDSBro)