Monday, January 11, 2010

:: one two three meringue ::


(find the original photo here)

today's the day. the first full day. the just-the-three-of-us day.

brian goes back to work today.

for some reason i just keep thinking about meringue. i keep thinking about meringue and how it's all sweet and light and i just keep telling myself that today, i am going to be oh-so-meringue about everything.



i'm telling myself that so i won't be scared. of being home alone with them. all by myself. just me and them and all their needs.

send me your egg-whites-and-sugar vibes today, eh?

8 comments:

Mom January 11, 2010 at 8:44 AM  

I'm sending mine to you...but with all the sweetness from this picture between the 3 of you, you might not need it...

Just remember all of the things you have done in your lifetime thus far...this will be cake (or maybe meringues!)

Shannon January 11, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

you will be fine, Julie! sending sweet thoughts your way. I've been exactly where you are.

Cameron January 11, 2010 at 10:43 AM  

Sending meringue thoughts your way! :)

JulieFrick January 11, 2010 at 11:18 AM  

From one Julie to another- I remember what this is like very, very much. You will be meringue. And when he comes home, you will be in a bathtub with bubbles.

Unknown January 11, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

Now I want meringues.

You'll be great!

I felt the same the day my husband went back...it was nothing like with my first.

I showered.
I blow dried my hair.
And I even ate.

I know. Superwomen!

Enjoy your time.

Sandy @ The Mommy's Place January 11, 2010 at 12:44 PM  

Now you got me thinking about meringues. I haven't had one in a long time. I love that pic, so much sweetness in one place.

Vanessa January 13, 2010 at 12:17 PM  

Hope your day is light and fluffy!

Sophie.J January 14, 2010 at 5:08 AM  

I've been there too. I know that feeling..just want to tell it's ok, it's going to be ok..

Hugs,