Tuesday, November 24, 2009

:: memo ::


in eighth grade i had this english teacher. one of those teachers who transforms your world view. a teacher who has you reading and loving and, gasp!, understanding shakespeare when it's not on the curriculum until ninth grade when your much blander teacher will give you the watered down, translated version of romeo juliet that you will listen to on tape and thoroughly despise.

one of the most memorable projects from english with this dream teacher was the poetry project, and one of the most memorable elements from the poetry project was the memo poem.

it was a poem in the form of a memo written to all of the things we were thankful for.

so today, in honor of (american) thanksgiving, my gift to you is a memo poem printable (the pdf file prints 3 memos to a page, each memo is about 3" by 7"). download it, print it out and have everyone fill one out at dinner. or use it as a thank you note throughout the year! whatever you do with it, i hope you enjoy it.

and know that i'm thankful for you.

8 comments:

Jamie November 24, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

I heart this so much! I want to send you one back to thank you for it, but let's not get crazy, right?

Amanda November 24, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

Thanks so much, Julie! This is really a wonderful gift.

Cindy November 24, 2009 at 3:58 PM  

Thanks, Julie! I like this idea and would love to know if you have your old poem...

Caitlin November 24, 2009 at 3:58 PM  

This is great!! What a lovely gift! Thank you Julie!!

Art Wall Katie November 24, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

this is too sweet. I'm totally doing this.

of Hiccup photography November 25, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

I am making these into stickers to put in my journal, and to send to friends when they are having "less-than-pleasant" days. Thank YOU for sharing!

Art Wall Katie November 26, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

I stuck some photos of your cards on my holiday table if you want to peek. Thanks so much they turned out beautifully: http://tinyurl.com/yg686nx

Art Wall Katie November 27, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

Loved. Nobody could believe I simply printed them. I loved seeing what my parents wrote especially, and my husband. This was the first Thanksgiving that we hosted, I want the "thankful for" cards to become our tradition. Thanks, Julie.