Saturday, October 17, 2009

:: knit one, knit another ::


i'm afraid i can't stop. me, the girl whose bio used to read, "julie hates knitting but knits one item each year." i just can't stop knitting.

in fact i've already got my next project on the needles. something for me.

but first: a little showing off. because i'm freaking proud of this little sweater. i wanted to make it but it scared the heck out of me. raglan shaping? neck placket? words i barely comprehended. i tried reading through the directions and they left me bewildered.

but then i just jumped in. i had yarn of the right gauge just sitting around and needed something to keep my hands and brain occupied, so i just started. and row by row i figured it all out. and it was actually pretty easy. and i love it so much.

hooray!

** edited to add: the pattern is from joelle hoverson's lovely book, last-minute knitted gifts. it's one definitely worth investing in. **

3 comments:

Unknown October 17, 2009 at 10:43 AM  

that is beautiful!

nichole October 17, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

Absolutely stunning. I am in awe of people that can do this! Lucky little girl. ;)

PJ October 17, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

I've been working on the same scarf since February. I'm always in awe of people who actually finish projects--especially complicated ones like sweaters! Good job!