Monday, August 31, 2009

:: high on grass ::



{ the image above carries a creative commons license. you can find the original by clicking the image or going here. }

the best part of evan's day was the playground, or so he told me during dinner tonight. but the best part of mine was mowing the backyard.

when we moved we bought a reel mower and i am completely addicted. i think the last time i mowed the lawn i was 11, but if my parents'd had one of these, i'd have done it weekly until the day i moved out.

here's the thing: when you push it, you feel your muscles working. while you're mowing, it makes a gentle snick snick sound and the only other things you hear are your neighbors, your son playing at his water table, and the sun beating down on you. and it smells like grass. no gas, no motor, no exhaust. just grass.

it's amazing.

and it put me in the best mood. does that mean i was high on grass? i think it does.

2 comments:

Pretty Neat Designs September 1, 2009 at 8:55 AM  

I don't have a lawn, but my neighbors do, and when they mow their lawn with the push mower I sit on my deck and breathe in the awesome smell.

Cameron September 1, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

Love this!