Thursday, June 4, 2009

:: :: making good decisions :: ::



if you've been following me on twitter you know that my printer up and died on me this week. my freaking printer. it's like my paint.

and of course it died in the middle of processing an order. i had january through november of a calendar printed, but no december. which meant i had to decide quickly on a new one. talk about pressure. there are thousands of printers out there. inkjets, lasers, large format, all-in-ones. but the real struggle for me wasn't about the options. it was about my future. the future of my business.

in the end i decided to go all in. i want this business to grow. i want it to succeed. i enjoy what i'm going and i enjoy the success i'm having and even though it took all of my remaining profits from 2009, i went for the printer i thought could best help up up creative expand.

and then today i got all these envelopes in the mail and i wanted to eat them up i love them so much and i cleared out space in my sock drawer because they don't fit with my other envelopes. and that's how i knew i made the right decision on the printer.

2 comments:

Molly June 5, 2009 at 7:46 PM  

Julie! I'd LOVE to know what printer you ended up getting! I'm in a position like yours (but, knock on wood, my current printer isn't dead -- I just don't like it anymore). Could you, pretty please, leave a comment on my blog: http://mollyleecards.blogspot.com? (or email me, if you can do it, I can never figure that out)

Thanks!!!!

Petra June 9, 2009 at 5:28 AM  

I was wondering the same thing, what did you end up with? A few months ago I bought a Epson printer which makes fabulous prints as long as it doesn't spit out the paper or refuses the cartridges :s