Monday, February 2, 2009

:: :: for love of earflap hats :: ::


i swore i wasn't going to do it, but i finally did. i joined facebook. (had i known that facebook had really addictive word games, i would have joined years ago.) i decided that living back here at home and building a new business and missing my friends in columbus and all, it was finally time.

it makes me feel like i'm in college again. i would have spent so much time on facebook when i was in college. chatting with my boyfriend. trash talking with friends down the hall. keeping in touch.

i made my profile picture the same one i posted on the blog recently -- the one of evan and me in the snow. i chose this pic for a very specific reason: because of the earflap hat. i realized the other day in traffic that earflaps say a lot about a person.

there i was in my little green civic with my carseat in the center of the backseat and i was wearing my blue earflap hat (because i always wear it) and i looked over next to me and there was a girl in a little gray nissan with a carseat in the center of the backseat and she was wearing an earflap hat too (hers was off-white) and i honestly considered rolling down my window and asking her if we could be friends.

because of her hat.

i know we would be great friends. i just know it.

2 comments:

Anne February 2, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

earflap hats = playfulness + spirit + poetry + hope + curiosity + irony + embracing the present

a friend to knit with February 4, 2009 at 9:28 PM  

oh my gosh. that is the cutest thing ever! and i totally know it, too. :)