Tuesday, May 6, 2008

:: I So Wish I Had A Picture To Accompany This Post ::

But then again, maybe I don't...

So, my nieces, who are two, have been bred on family pictures. One of their favorite pasttimes when they're at grammy's house is looking at the pictures on the fridge and naming all the people. They've got the same set-up at home and play "pictures" often. Since they live in D.C., away from family (just like us here in Columbus), this is a great way for the girls to learn to recognize their aunts and uncles and cousins.

When they see a picture of Evan, they say, "Ef-in." It's so flippin' cute.

Well, the girls apparently have a book. I think it's like a visual dictionary or something, and it has real photographs. One of the entries is for "people." The picture for that entry is of a naked man and a naked woman (I have no idea what book my sister-in-law is giving her babes, but I trust that it's probably harmless even though it does sound a bit like a 1970 edition of The Joy of Sex).

But here's the good part. Apparently, the naked woman has hair like mine, so when the girls see that naked woman, they say, "Aunt Julie!"

What'll they expect when they see me in person?!

4 comments:

Rebecca May 6, 2008 at 4:52 PM  

I'm pretty sure that everyone was naked all the time in the 70s. My memories of the time are pretty fuzzy, but I'm FAIRLY certain.

Christina May 6, 2008 at 6:24 PM  

Oh boy. Let's hope they recognize you with clothes on.

(And now I really want to know what kind of book they have!)

Julie May 7, 2008 at 10:07 AM  

My mom called me last night to tell me, "That IS you in the book. We let them put your head on someone else's body. How do you think we put you through college??" : ) I told her she should leave that as a comment but she hasn't yet so I'm going to!

Mere May 7, 2008 at 10:16 AM  

I'm sorry to say that the book is nothing fun and racy, but just a kid's book called The Big Book of Almost Everything. One page has flowers, another has buildings, another has costumes, etc. So it's not an acutal photo the girls are looking at, but an illustration on the people page. It cracks me up everytime they drag it out though, and insist that we are looking at naked Aunt Julie!