Sunday, April 13, 2008

:: At 3:55 a.m. She Thinks ::

At 3:40 a.m., she wakes everyone in her house with a "my Nyquil runs out in 20 minutes" coughing fit.

At 3:55, between coughing fits that are really best described as spasms, she thinks, "OK.  That's it.  We're taking Evan out of daycare and putting him in a hermetically sealed bubble."

At 4:20, up now, and re-medicated, she seriously considers Googling "bubbles for babies" or maybe "germ-free babies" but decides to go watch TV instead.

Here's hoping that at 4:35, she collapses into good, hard sleep on the couch.

3 comments:

motherofbun April 14, 2008 at 11:58 AM  

hope she collapsed into a deep slumber too!

Julie April 14, 2008 at 12:30 PM  

Unfortunately, no. That night I didn't fall asleep until 6. Luckily, my sick kid also slept in so I got more than an hour in before we had to get up. Last night I was up from 3:40 to 5:00. Today (finally) my doc called in an antibiotic so I'm HOPING I'll be better soon. Twenty-two days is kind of ridiculous.

a pinkroom April 14, 2008 at 1:05 PM  

Forget the kid, I'm putting you in a bubble, too.