Friday, March 28, 2008

:: Holding Pattern ::

Sick Log: Day 635. Still sick.

But how boring. I got tagged with a "seven things" meme so I could come to you tonight with seven things about me, but I'm unable to come up with anything other than, um, my name is Julie, I have a blog, my baby's name is Evan... Boring-er than writing about being sick.

Lucky for all of us, then, that my mother-in-law sent me pics today of the messenger bags I gave my nieces for Christmas (since I was sort of a dummy and forgot, again, to take pictures when I finished them or when I gave them to the girls and then was more of a dummy because I forgot to reply to my m-i-l's email saying she had pics and did I want them) and that I promised oh so many months ago I would share with you, my adoring fans few cherished and dedicated readers.

Two Little Messenger Bags

They're lined with pink flannel and have monogrammed flannel pockets so the girls can tell whose messenger bag is whose. The straps are made from bias tape -- I wanted them to be flexible enough that they could be knotted and unknotted at the top to accommodate small girls now and taller girls later.

They're even cuter on the girls. At least that's what I think:

Messenger Bag Models

Next time I'd add some facing to stiffen them up a bit and I think it'd use snaps or buckles instead of velcro for the closures, but overall I pretty much like them as-is.

Or I guess maybe that should be as-are.

3 comments:

Christina March 29, 2008 at 6:43 AM  

Cute! For some reason, they looked so much smaller in the first photo.

Julie March 29, 2008 at 9:54 AM  

They ARE small, it's just that my nieces (shown here at about 20 months old) are also small so they make the bags look big. : )

Rebecca March 29, 2008 at 4:19 PM  

That's funny how the little bags grow on tiny girls! My Baby has a little wee purse that totally overwhelms her!
Cute, cute bags - you're talented!