Sunday, February 10, 2008

:: Love Birds Mobile ::

Love Birds Mobile

Here it is, all cut, strung, balanced, and hung: my contribution to the mobile swap. It is surprisingly difficult to photograph a mobile. These are my best attempts.

Love Bird Up Close

After lots of planning, plan-scrapping, mistakes, and impossibilities, I decided to go with paper because it's so light and makes the mobile, well, mobile. I also decided on a straight dowel to hang the whole thing from after trying out a wooden hoop -- I liked having the possibility of hanging the mobile in a window or against a wall. The cut paper lends itself well to neat shadows in the right light.

Love Bird Shadows

I'm going to make a little tutorial (including patterns) if anyone wants it. I'll post it this week.

4 comments:

Lola February 10, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

Hi!
I found your blog Via the sassy apron swap blog. I am doing the mobile swap too, and I found it challenging...but definitly worth it! I love your mobile, and will be back for the pattern and tute! Thanks!

Christina February 11, 2008 at 6:52 AM  

Lovely! I adore the colors - they work so well together, and are individually pretty, too.

Heart-Day How-To « Letter9 February 13, 2008 at 5:11 PM  

[...] posted pics this week of my mobile for the mobile swap and promised a tutorial and pattern. Well, it took some [...]

melissa@yummygoods February 19, 2008 at 1:48 PM  

adorable mobile!