Thursday, February 21, 2008

:: I Will Not Celebrate Until Next Wednesday, I Will Not... ::

I made the massively huge mistake last night of celebrating how soon the bar exam is over.  It was a rookie mistake.  Just recently I posted about how, among other things, one of the things that sucks about having a spouse studying for the bar is that you can't be happy about the daily countdown because every reminder that it's getting closer (good for you!!!) is very bad for that person, who sees it as a reminder that THE EXAM IS IMPENDING.

But it was so hard not to be happy yesterday because yesterday, I booked us this ridiculous overnight "vacation" for the Thursday after the exam.  The Thursday that is one week from today.  Damn.  My husband reads this blog.  I need to stop.

Between the fact that Brian has been studying his ass off and the fact that I have been mommying and housekeeping my own ass off (seriously -- I think it's smaller) and the fact that I had two actual panic attacks (characterized, mostly, by an inability to breathe) during all of this, but mostly because we recently got a gi-nor-mous tax return (baby = money... who knew?), I was completely able to justify the ridiculous expense of this overnight.  In fact, because I'm embarrassed about how much it will cost us, I am not going to give you the URL for the place we're staying.

But I will tell you this: I got a package that includes a 50-minute massage for each person, free pizza and in-room movies, a king-sized bed, a jacuzzi tub, and no baby.  Can you believe that if you pay a hotel enough they can make your baby disappear for a night?  Well, okay, maybe my mother is involved in that part.  She'll be sleeping in Evan's pack-n-play with him, if I know her.

6 comments:

Mom February 21, 2008 at 4:35 PM  

No, actually, since it sounded so great, Evan and I booked an adjoining room!
P.S. I don't really think that the pizza is free :-)

Christina February 21, 2008 at 6:26 PM  

Sounds lovely!

Yeah, kids are great for tax rebates. In two weeks, we're going away overnight (without kids) for our anniversary. It's an indoor waterpark resort, and we got the king jacuzzi room with fireplace. I can't wait.

Good luck to Brian on the bar exam! (Wait, am I allowed to say that? Is it like theatre, where you have to say "break a leg"? Will he be cursed if I say Brown v. Board of Education?)

bg February 22, 2008 at 3:18 AM  

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No!!!!! What've you done to me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Dharmamama February 22, 2008 at 12:56 PM  

Sa-wheet.

Brian, if you turn counter-clockwise 3 times and recite Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code, in its entirety, the curse is broken. Or - kiss your wife. That works too.

Tax rebates are the whole reason I had a second child. You should try it.

bg February 22, 2008 at 5:44 PM  

So, I'm having this unbelievably rough day at work, after having scraped both cars because of a mini ice storm we had last night, and I've got a headache all day, and crisis after crisis keeps popping up 'cause we're only a week and a half away from the presidential primary in OH (I work in elections)... and then it hits me. I'M CURSED!!! So then, I go into tailspin mode because I'm thinking "Holy crap, I'm cursed!! I'm not gonna pass the bar!!!! I'm f%@*&^g screwed!!"

But then, beyond all realms of possible possibilities, something I never, ever thought could possibly happen - something I'm almost embarrassed to admit - happened...

" . . . A contract for the sale of minerals or the like (including oil and gas) or a structure or its materials to be removed from realty is a contract for . . . Between merchants if within a reasonable time a record in confirmation of the contract and sufficient against the sender is received . . . Subject to paragraph (b) and except as otherwise provided in Section 9-406 or as otherwise agreed, all rights of the seller . . . A term which measures the quantity by the output of the seller or the requirements of the buyer means . . . merchantability . . . fitness for a particular purpose . . . The buyer may revoke his acceptance of a lot or commercial unit whose non-conformity . . . before this Act becomes effective."

Article 2 of the UCC saved my life. Unbelievable... and all is well again.

Although I'm still nervous as hell.

motherofbun February 23, 2008 at 7:01 PM  

Yeay for upcoming little celebrations!

You know, since becoming a mom and doing more housekeeping, my butt has stayed the same size. (Big). I'm obviously momming and housekeeping wrong. Got any advice on how I can mom and housekeep my butt off, I AM ALL EARS! heeheee.

Hope your celebration is a total blast!