Tuesday, December 4, 2007

:: Bats Do It, Whales Do It, Even Tiny Little Babies Do It ::

It was the weirdest thing.  Really.

Tonight, Brian was returning home, drawn to his lovely wife and child like an ant to a wet, sticky lollipop.  He wound his way through the neighborhood, up hills and around bends and right three times.  He stopped like the good husband he is and got the mail, a hefty pile of junk and catalogs with one lone bill thrown in for good measure.  He parked his big white hail-dented car in his usual parking space and exited the car.

But he couldn't get to the door.  The door to our house was blocked.

And what, you're wondering, was blocking it?  My sweet little tale has led you here and you can't leave my blog without finding out?  It's killing you?

Bats.  Bats and dolphins.  And whales.  Big swarms of marine mammals and at least one thousand of the approximately 1100 species of bats.  Because Evan perfected his shrieking today.  We're talking SONAR, people.  Like dog whistles only humans can hear it, lucky me.

(I must admit, it's pretty freakin' cute.  But we're really going to miss daddy.)

2 comments:

Christina December 4, 2007 at 5:30 PM  

Hahaha!

I laugh only because I know.

Julie December 5, 2007 at 6:07 AM  

Honestly, Christina, I'm surprised you couldn't hear it from where you are. I'd have guessed it could be heard for at least a 20-mile radius. : )