Saturday, December 8, 2007

:: Ask And You Shall Receive ::

Last night as I was cutting out pattern pieces for yet another Christmas gift I'm working on that must remain undisclosed (damn, people, stop reading my blog so I can write about your presents), Brian called up to me:

"My dad wants to know why there aren't pictures of your hair on the blog."

Yes.  My father-in-law.  Of all people.  Harrassing me.  Through my husband.  Sheesh.  I took them seriously and said, "I don't know.  I guess because it's hard to take a picture of them."  They laughed and Brian informed me that they were trying to get a rise out of me.

Whatever.

So then Christina left a comment asking for pics, too.  SO HERE'S A PICTURE.

Head Stripes

Yes, I know that it probably looks normal to you outsiders who don't know my previously unstriped hair.  I know that my stripes aren't, um, severe or whatever.  But to me they're really stripey (although less stripey than they were the day I got them done).  Really stripey and really blonde.  I wish they weren't blonde.  Ugh.

In other news, I decided that I can also bring you a picture of one of the little projects I've been working on.  It's for a birthday party I'm going to today and while the mother of the recipient actually does read this blog, I figure by now she's in "oh, crap, I have to clean up my house and my kid and get all ready and dear god why did I decide to have a party she's only one year old for godssake" mode and won't see this post until baby Charlotte already has the gift in her chubby little toddler hands.

So I bring you this little guy.

Green Fleetian

I'm thinking of calling him a Fleetian.  Like a Martian but from the planet Fleece.  Because he's made out of fleece.  Yeah.  Maybe it's a stupid name.  GOT ANYTHING BETTER?

3 comments:

Christina December 8, 2007 at 5:26 AM  

Awww...he's cute! Love the little embroidered tongue. Or tooth. He looks very cuddly.

OK, the hair is stripey, but not too bad. I can see the stylist got a little chunky with the highlights in the middle on the left side, but it probably isn't as noticeable looking at you directly instead of top-down. The color is nice, though, and with time the blonde will blend more with your base color.

(Gosh, I realize I sound so girly-girl here. I'm really not. I've just colored my hair a lot.)

Janet December 8, 2007 at 6:50 AM  

Honestly, I have seen stripe-ier. Your hair looks very shiny and healthy. Mine looks like someone flat irons it every day. No, wait, that's me. Stupid Katie Holmes-inspired hair cut.

Lookit the cute little Fleetian you made! If he were mine, I would be tempted to name him "Sir Greeny McFleecian the First." Or, perhaps, "Greenius von Fleece-a-mus." Just because.

Deneese December 8, 2007 at 6:46 PM  

Yep, totally in "Why the hell did I ever decide this was a good idea she's never going to remember this" mode when you posted this. And we LOVE him. Thank you, thank you! He doesn't have a name yet, but we're working on it. :)