Monday, October 1, 2007

:: One Step Away ::

If my blog were a novel and you were my students, you'd note several themes or what I sometimes refer to as through-lines. I've got this thing about community and feeling isolated and yet I cherish my solitude and my time at home. I worry that I am a quitter even though every single decision I've made to "quit" something has been one I continue to stand by. I want my life to be more beautiful -- more colorful, breezier, more in tune with my five senses -- but tend to gravitate towards the same bland-ish palettes over and over again. (Seriously, you should see the amount of blue in my wardrobe and brown and deep red in my home.)

And now there's this:


(This image is available here. The tea cozy was made by the woman who blogs here.)


I am very conflicted about the fact that I really love this and sorta kinda want one for my very own. And I want to make it myself. Like at summer camp or something.

What does it mean? Am I really the kind of person who would own a tea cozy? Isn't it just one very small and upsetting step from tea cozy to toilet paper covers? Because I'm really not OK with toilet paper covers. Like, really not OK.

3 comments:

bubandpie October 1, 2007 at 6:40 PM  

But really, don't you think the world was a cozier place back when people kept their toilet paper bundled up nice and snug in outfits they crocheted themselves? In their spare time?

Tere October 2, 2007 at 10:42 AM  

If you get into toilet paper covers, I'll have to do an intervention.

That Ain’t No Holly Hobby Scar « Letter9 October 19, 2007 at 6:22 AM  

[...] I was hesitant to buy a sewing book because I was sort of afraid that doing so might send me down a long, long, crafty road the end of which I may never find. Owning a sewing book might turn me into someone who makes toilet paper covers, and we already know where I stand on that issue. [...]