Thursday, August 9, 2007

:: "Oh!" ::

So, Evan's six weeks old now. Six weeks marks a lot of big things, developmentally speaking. Night sleep gets longer. Check. Fussiness Peaks. Check. Babies become more social. Check.

Some parents get all crazy about the kid's first social smile. The first smile that is intended just for mommy or daddy, just because baby wants to say "Hey! It's you! I know you! I'm so happy to see you!" OK, yes, that's great. I got my first smile the other morning and it did just about destroy me, which of course I mean in a good way. It was so devastatingly sweet. So exciting. So rewarding.

But get a load of this look. I don't think anything can beat the mixture of happiness and curiosity on Evan's face here.


It's looks like this that make all the other things (that fussiness I mentioned above? the difficulty sleeping during the day? that diaper I changed today that made me gag?) worth it.

3 comments:

dana August 9, 2007 at 11:48 AM  

So adorable! I love the baby photos from when they are still teeny.

Lawyer Mama August 9, 2007 at 12:06 PM  

Oh, he's adorable! Congrats on your beautiful little boy.

And thanks for stopping by my site. I completely agree with you that we have a responsibility to raise our boys to be men who don't contribute to the societal problems women have today. And your old boyfriend's father? Ick!

Christina August 10, 2007 at 8:40 AM  

I love those first smiles and cute facial expressions. Right now I'm melting anytime Mira raises her eyebrows at me. Too cute.