Tuesday, September 5, 2006

:: Round Of 180 ::

After all my snide comments about golf, I actually went golfing for what I consider the first time ever this past weekend (there was one time when our whole training class had a golf outing when I worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers as an IT consultant, though I wouldn't say that what I did that day counts as golfing).

I didn't keep track of shots on each hole, but I did count the number of attempts it took to get from the tee to the hole on a couple of holes. Surprisingly, I made contact with the ball at least 95% of the time; the shots just didn't get much air or distance, so I had to take a lot of shots. I averaged about 20 shots per hole. We walked nine holes, so I figure I golfed about a 180. Which, I now realize, is not a "round of 180" as my title indiactes, because a "round of golf" is 18 holes. So I golfed a round of 360! That's five times par for those of you keeping score at home.

I figure starting out so very poorly only leaves room for improvement. Next time, I'm shooting for a 350. Tiger better watch out.