Tuesday, November 2, 2010

:: two years ::

[ watercolored balloons, by stephanie kac on flickr ]

it's the two-year anniversary of the up up creative opening. last year i totally did this great week-long celebration. this year, well, i don't have anything like that planned. i had it on my list of things to do, but there it sits, all un-crossed-off.

oh well.

it's pretty amazing to look back at how much has changed in two years. how much my business has grown, and how much i've learned.

sales in 2010 are projected to hit more than 250% of 2009's sales, a fact that in and of itself makes me sit back and just marvel. but so much other amazing stuff has happened this year: press inquiries from martha stewart living, brides magazine, and cleo magazine (in australia), an invitation from snapfish to become one of their designers. this is big freaking stuff. it's no wonder i'm sitting here all unprepared to celebrate this anniversary -- i'm too busy working!

i think my anniversary gift to myself is going to be some time over the next few weeks to just sit back (maybe take a walk) and fantasize about the coming year: dream away about all the possibilities for up up creative's third year in business, see what reaches my wildest imagination can take me to.