Wednesday, December 30, 2009

:: print. cut. resolve. ::

i'm back, and this time i come bearing gifts:

free. printable. resolution lists. download them here.

each list measures around 4" by 6" so you can print them out, write down your goals (let's keep it to two or less, eh? give ourselves a chance?), and then stick them on your fridge, your bulletin board, your mirror, or in the front of your journal or calendar: right where you can see them (and remember them).

it may sound strange for me to admit it, but the top contenders for my resolution (a few years back i promised myself i'd only make one resolution each year and that it would be something i'd enjoy achieving rather than dread facing) are these: to be more vain, or to be more selfish.

to me these are really two different sides of the same coin. they're both borne of the understanding that i need to put myself just a little bit higher on the priority list. now that i've got two kids (holy crap! when did that happen? i've got kids multiple now?) and a business i'm busting my ass to grow (to put it eloquently) i just think that 2010 is going to be a crucial taking-care-of-myself year.

what are you resolving to do in 2010?

11 comments:

Cameron December 30, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

It is totally awesome to me that you posted this, because just this evening as I was in the bathroom and glanced in the mirror I thought (for the first time ever), "I should be more vain. I'd probably take better care of myself if I were!" So here's to more vanity and more taking care of ourselves in 2010!!

Sophie.J December 30, 2009 at 11:43 PM  

This is so cute...I love it so much!
Thank you so much for sharing..

Ali December 31, 2009 at 7:45 AM  

Love the idea of a resolution to enjoy keeping! Happy 2010.

michelle/nft December 31, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

This is awesome - thanks so much! I printed it on light yellow cardstock and it looks great!

I also love your resolutions - very smart indeed. All the best in 2010!

Karen Beth December 31, 2009 at 11:09 AM  

So funny that I read this today. This is almost my resolution exactly: To be selfish, to take care of me, to put ME first for a change. I don't know exactly HOW to go about it but surely I can figure it out.

To get me started, I purchased one of your "FeelGood Lists". I'm so excited about this investment in my new year! Yay! I think it will help a lot!

Anonymous December 31, 2009 at 5:31 PM  

My New Year’s resolution is just to be happier. Spend less time stressing…and more time smiling. Spend less time being cautious…and more time creative. Spend less time worring…and more time dreaming. Happy 2010 New Year!!!

Anonymous December 31, 2009 at 8:28 PM  

I love this idea! Thanks for posting these :) Just what I needed!

Christy Amular December 31, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

These are so gorgeous! Thank you!

Angela January 1, 2010 at 6:35 AM  

What a cute and adorable idea!! Thank you, I'm going to print mine out now and pop down some resolutions and pin to my noticeboard.

In 2010 I want get into photography more and I want to read more books.

I hope you have a wonderful 2010 filled with lots of you time : ) Enjoy!!!

jill January 2, 2010 at 7:41 AM  

congratulations on your lovely family, thank-you for your fantastic freebies and all the best for 2010

Westside Wedding January 12, 2010 at 12:34 PM  

love this! So cute!