Friday, April 3, 2009

:: :: wow :: ::

after i published that last post, about my cards being in a real brick-and-mortar shop, and then thought about my week and all, i realized: this business thing is going really well. it's hard to remember that when i'm in the middle of it and barely eeking out a penny for my work still (in fact i haven't checked -- last i knew (yes, i need to do some bookkeeping, thank you) i still hadn't even broken even yet). but i've been open five months and a day and i'm making sales pretty much every single day and getting wholesale inquiries and things are happening.

and i love it. every moment of it. truly. even the shipping.

really, the shipping. it's not so bad.

i hate to get all stuart smalley on you right now but i just wanted to give myself a little "i'm good enough" shout out. i'm proud of my self. i'm proud of all the work i've done. i'm proud of how much i've already learned.

this is pretty cool.

3 comments:

modernemotive April 3, 2009 at 7:51 PM  

You absolutely are good enough. Never forgot that!

Congrats on the B&M and other wholesale inquires. I really need to get my linesheet together to answer a similar request. Eek.

*big pat on the back from me too!*

Carolyn April 3, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

Wow, what an incredible post. You are beyond good enough - an incredible person and businesswoman :). I am so jealous right now -- yup, lots of jealous. Back to reading big boring books!

linda April 17, 2009 at 5:50 AM  

I found your work through modishblog.com and your story is so inspiring! It's nice to know that you can be successful doing what you like - I will have to ask you for advice at some point. Following your blog now. Thanks for sharing your story and work and keep at it.