Saturday, July 12, 2008

:: :: home :: ::

This morning around 11, I left my husband and baby and drove home to Rochester with my mom for a few days of R&R. I had been considering it all week but hadn’t decided and woke up at 5 this morning with the most severe panic attack I’ve ever had. I guess I was feeling anxiety over the decision because once I finally decided to come home, I started feeling better.

Oh, and a hit of Xanax helped, too.

Xanax I had previously refused to take. So much for that. : )

So now I’m here, at my mom’s house, and there is no baby sleeping. I am in the baby’s room writing a post, and out in the living room I have the television on louder than I would ever watch the television. They’re little things but I’m trying to celebrate them. Trying to enjoy my retreat.

This is my first real “vacation” since before Evan was born. In February, Brian and I spent one night in a hotel away from Evan, but other than that, I’ve spent every single night of the last one year and seventeen days with my baby.

I might just drag my mom out of the house at midnight tonight to go to a club or something!

Yeah. That’s about as likely as the Earth reversing its solar revolutions. Stay tuned to CNN for breaking news on that.