Friday, April 18, 2008

:: Questions ::

Today was a great day.  I worked all morning (productively, at that) and then met Brian to have lunch with Evan at daycare (it was Bring Your Parents To Lunch Day or something like that -- they're always celebrating special days at daycare) before heading off to campus to take care of some business and work a bit more on my dissertation while basking shamelessly in the sun like an undergrad.  Well, not quite like an undergrad.

My day raises three very important questions:

(1) Is there anything cuter than a baby sitting in a small chair at a small table?



(2) Why can't it stay April forever?  A corollary to this: why can't I always work on my dissertation while sitting on a nice bench beneath a flowering Magnolia tree?



(3) Um, why were there hundreds of pinwheels all lined up today on campus like so many spokes in a pinwheel wheel?  I can't seem to figure it out, but I have to say, it was pretty awesome.  When the wind picked up and blew them it was all sunlight and flash and flutter.  You can see a few glints in the image below but you really need video to get the full effect.

3 comments:

McSwain April 18, 2008 at 6:04 PM  

Awww, how cute are Evan and his dad? The pinwheels kind of remind me of a small-scale version of something like Christo's yellow umbrellas that he did out here in the Tejon Pass here in SoCal. If you're familiar. I like the pinwheels better.

John April 18, 2008 at 7:14 PM  

Simplify your questions, but make them general. Pinwheels not included.

mom April 19, 2008 at 7:21 AM  

a big awwwwwwwwwh, how cute is that little boy sitting at a table like a big boy.