Wednesday, April 2, 2008

:: Indecision 2008 ::

It looks like I've made it through The Virus That Would Not Die. I'm operating at about 85% of quota (that's what my webmail inbox always tells me -- what percent of quota I've reached); my outlook on life with a child has returned to normal (on Monday morning I actually cried as Brian left for work because I couldn't remember how I had ever spent an entire day with a baby who needs things, particularly when I also need things); today we successfully ran three errands (bank, post office, baby store) and took a walk; and it appears as though I will not die from coughing.

I may, however, die from not owning this fabric, if such a thing is possible (which I think it is):


Robert Kaufman Fabric


It's by Robert Kaufman, for sale at Sew, Mama, Sew! And it would look lovely in so many different projects -- a skirt, a pillow, a duvet cover (that would be an expensive duvet cover, but a very lovely one), a set of placemats, a cloth-covered tray like this one.


My mom gave me $20 for Valentine's Day to splurge on something small for myself and I forgot to cash the check until today (see bank errand, above) so I might even just buy this lovely fabric instead of just fawning over it and stalking the Sew, Mama, Sew! website.


But if I'm going to buy some fabric then I'll probably want to browse what else is available (and also check out some other fine websites online selling lovely fabrics because I'm nothing if not a thorough online shopper) and then I'll have to write another post in which I lament my inability to choose and then after that I will have to write another post in which I complain that every piece of good fabric on the Internet has sold out due to my indecision.


Shall I spare you the posts and just buy two yards of this one without looking at anything else? Or just skip it, spend the $20 on a mini-facial, and shut the hell up already?

6 comments:

Mom in law April 2, 2008 at 3:59 PM  

Buy the fabric, I can just see you in a skirt made with that!

Mom April 3, 2008 at 11:32 AM  

Oh, go for it. There is a saying that "she who dies with the most fabric wins". And so far, I'm winning! (I know you love good competition!)

Julie April 3, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

OK. You convinced me. I also got a quarter of a yard of this very cute kid-looking fabric with numbers on it. It was on sale and I couldn't resist. SO THERE!

Toni April 3, 2008 at 4:05 PM  

Mom (Can I assume that's your mom?) cracks me up. I wanted to click on all of the links you provided because I know they led to marvelous fabric destinations but knowing my sewing machine is likely weeks from being repaired I had to skip it. I couldn't bear the torture right now. If you don't mind, I'll just live vicariously through you for a while.

melissa@yummygoods April 4, 2008 at 5:24 PM  

oh good. you got the fabric.
I can't wait to see what you make for me with it!
You are so sweet.

Creatively Cramped in Columbus « Letter9 April 7, 2008 at 4:01 PM  

[...] of course my oh-so-pretty and highly-coveted fabric arrived today. And spring arrived, too. Evan and I have all this spring weather to enjoy and no [...]