Monday, April 7, 2008

:: Creatively Cramped in Columbus ::



This is where I sew. I know. Ha ha. But we live in a condo and space is limited.

Of course I should be posting a picture of just my dresser and TV without the sewing machine. Because that would be more accurate. Because my machine is sick and no antibiotics seem to be helping it. I took it in for maintenance, cleaning, etc. two weeks ago today because the upper thread tension was getting very tight even on a low-tension setting and the threads were tangling under the feed dogs near the bobbin. I got it back on Friday with a scrap of fabric showing that all was well.

Only, la-dee-dah, all is not well. It is still the same as it was before.

And of course my oh-so-pretty and highly-coveted fabric arrived today. And spring arrived, too. Evan and I have all this spring weather to enjoy and no spring-trips-to-the-park quilt to sit on.

I think the thing that's annoying me the most, though, is that I have to lug Evan and the machine back up to Westerville, which is, like, twenty miles away to have them take it for, like, ten more days. Then I have to go back to Westerville again to pick it up.

I am lazy. And sad. And creatively frustrated.

3 comments:

Christina April 7, 2008 at 8:21 PM  

Now that picture looks more like my house. Only add in some more random clothes for good measure.

I have a sewing table, but it is currently housing several other things as well as the machines.

I hate it when the tension goes. That's always been the death of each of my machines. My current "baby" is computerized with auto-tension, and I love it so much for that.

The weather is gorgeous, isn't it? Perfect for a walk in the park.

Rebecca April 8, 2008 at 6:43 AM  

We live in a big sprawling old place and we're still cramped into odd little corners here and there because stuff EXPANDS!

Toni April 8, 2008 at 4:07 PM  

Ack! How am I supposed to live vicariously through you if your sewing machine is broken too?