Friday, March 7, 2008

:: In Like a Lion ::

Yesterday was one of those days when, unbeknownst to you, your very cells have decided to be cranky. Without your control or asking, some icky chemical has flooded your neural pathways. Wait. Do neural pathways get flooded with chemicals? Whatever.

Today, though, was sublime.

Wintry March Day

When it was February and snowing I was all, "OH MY GOD I HATE FEBRUARY" and wishing it would warm up already. Now that it's March and we're under a 36-hour winter weather advisory, I'm freaking giddy. There's knitting. There's a fire going upstairs. I'm dancing around like an elf on meth. The only way to make sense of it is to think that perhaps I am happy because I know this is just a storm and Spring WILL be here soon.

Or perhaps it's just a chemical brain malfunction, this time in reverse. If it is, then perhaps this time it's brought on by the fact that I received my Sassy Apron Swap apron last night and wore it today to bake cookies inspired by the fact that Evan was sent home early from daycare and Brian was home for the afternoon recovering from some kind of cavity gone bad that required minor mouth surgery.

My Apron's HERE!

My favorite part is the big bow in back.  I only wish I could see it.

4 comments:

Janet March 8, 2008 at 1:05 PM  

It's storming like hell here today, too. I wish I had a sassy apron to lift my spirits. I think I'll bake cookies anyway.

slouching mom March 8, 2008 at 2:46 PM  

an elf on meth!

bwahahahahah!

Christina March 10, 2008 at 6:31 PM  

We were snowed in at Great Wolf Lodge in Cincy this weekend, and it was wonderful! I love the coziness of being stuck indoors by the weather. (Well, as long as it doesn't last more than a day or two.)

Jess March 10, 2008 at 8:43 PM  

I love that apron!