Monday, February 4, 2008

:: Crybaby ::

Crying Baby

The last three days have seen a dramatic increase in the amount of crying being done in this house by people under the age of eight months old. (Read: Evan's gone from barely making a peep all day to having these little mini breakdowns.) A few times on each of the last three days, Evan has gone from happy little chubber to sad, sad baby in the blink of an eye. We're not talking the usual "mom, I'm bored" whines but full-on sobs. It's so cute it breaks your heart.

The only cure? Snuggles with mom. What a tough life.

6 comments:

slouching mom February 4, 2008 at 6:12 PM  

Aww. He sounds hormonal!

Poor guy.

Janet February 5, 2008 at 9:39 AM  

Sounds like teething, to me. I almost called 9-1-1 once when my first baby had an uncharacteristic breakdown. I decided to administer Tylenol first. Whaddya know? 20 minutes later he was happy, happy, happy.

Julie February 5, 2008 at 2:22 PM  

I've entertained several possible theories: attachment / separation anxiety; teething; illness; earaches; etc. But I've basically come to the conclusion that it's just the result of his being-seven-months-old-ness. Maybe a little of all of the above, maybe some here and a little there.

Julie February 5, 2008 at 4:48 PM  

Brian just said, "The inside of his mouth is so cute. Look at it." And of course, I agree. This is what being parents does, I guess. It makes you think that the bumpy wet inside of a mouth is cute.

Whatever. I'm just going with it.

Christina February 5, 2008 at 7:31 PM  

It's a tough age. The beginning of separation anxiety, the development of real fear, teething, painful growth spurts - it's enough to make anyone want to snuggle with mom for comfort.

Ella February 7, 2008 at 12:21 AM  

Boiron camillia teething remedy! it calms the mood in about 30seconds.