Thursday, January 10, 2008

:: Even My Skin Is Tired ::

Evan started part-time daycare today. He was there from about 8:30 until about 3:00 and they said he was in a great mood all day but didn't sleep much.

How much? I wondered.

About 30 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes this afternoon.

Oh.

Crap. Evan usually takes 3 naps totalling about three hours of sleep. Needless to say, he went to bed tonight at 5:45. Kiddo was exhausted.

As for me, I have pictures of him going off to "school" this morning but I am too tired to go get the camera, download the pics, choose one, upload it to a remote server, link to the file, etc. Last night was another sick-hubby-awakens-sleepy-wife night until I moved down to the couch. I'm so tired my eyelashes hurt. I'm so tired my hair is whining. I'm so tired I published this post once with no title and twice before noticing that I had misspelled my son's name in the first sentence.

So you get no picture. Too bad for you.

I did get some work done today, though. The chapter I'm working on is on Sex and the City so I spent about three hours watching episodes from season one and then a few more hours doing some analysis and trying to get some actual writing done. Unfortunately, this chapter wasn't in my prospectus and so might not fly with my committee, but the goal of this whole Ph.D. thing is for me to become an independent scholar and I think this chapter needs to be included in the diss, so I'm writing it and I'll justify it to them later.

Let me tell you: watching 6 episodes in a row of SATC is harder than you'd think. It's a fun show but come on.

5 comments:

Dharmamama January 10, 2008 at 3:54 PM  

When I separated from my husband, that first winter, I rented Sex & The City DVDs and watched all of the seasons in order on the weekends the boys were with their Dad. I hadn't seen it at all before that. That show was such a balm for me - I was sorry when it ended, and I'm actually glad there's a movie coming out! At that point, I could definitely watch six episodes in a row. Yummy. Of course, I didn't have a baby and a dissertation.

Just typing that combo - baby and dissertation - made me break out in hives. I feel like I'm just now getting my brain back, and my youngest is almost 9! lol

Christina January 10, 2008 at 5:37 PM  

I don't think I've ever actually asked: what IS your dissertation about?

When Cordy was in daycare as a baby, she was known as "that baby who doesn't sleep". Mira only naps about an hour and a half total each day max. Evan will probably nap more as he gets used to his surroundings and the distractions of the room.

And speaking of naps - maybe you can get one to catch up on some sleep?

juliepippert January 11, 2008 at 10:06 AM  

Wow, that's a hecka lotta sleep. But, good news he was interested enough is goings on to stay awake!

And Wow, that's tired.

GL and hang in there.

Janet January 11, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

Your dissertation involves Sex and the City?!

Maybe I could go back and get my PhD, after all.

Painted Maypole January 11, 2008 at 9:43 PM  

oooh... I hope the napping gets better!

thanks for stopping by my blog!