Monday, August 13, 2007

:: So Here's the Deal ::

Yup. It's time to get back to the dissertation. Seven weeks off now, and let's face it, I wasn't working too hard that last few weeks before the kiddo came. I feel myself quickly losing interest in it, which is why it's time to get back to work. I would really like best to just never finish it and yet still somehow finagle a degree out of whomever it is who withholds degrees until completion of dissertations. And defenses. Let's not forget about that part, because what I need to do isn't just write the damned thing. I have to write it well enough for my committee to approve it (this means I have to write it and then drastically and thoughtfully revise it) and then I need to defend it. Frickin awesome.

So the deal I've made myself is this: dissertation before blog. Research, reading, and writing for school before research, reading, and writing for me. And you.

1 comments:

Christina August 13, 2007 at 7:49 PM  

School work always comes first. And hopefully you'll remind me of that when I'm knee deep in homework next quarter but won't stop blogging.