Monday, August 13, 2007

:: So Here's the Deal ::

Yup. It's time to get back to the dissertation. Seven weeks off now, and let's face it, I wasn't working too hard that last few weeks before the kiddo came. I feel myself quickly losing interest in it, which is why it's time to get back to work. I would really like best to just never finish it and yet still somehow finagle a degree out of whomever it is who withholds degrees until completion of dissertations. And defenses. Let's not forget about that part, because what I need to do isn't just write the damned thing. I have to write it well enough for my committee to approve it (this means I have to write it and then drastically and thoughtfully revise it) and then I need to defend it. Frickin awesome.

So the deal I've made myself is this: dissertation before blog. Research, reading, and writing for school before research, reading, and writing for me. And you.

1 comments:

Christina August 13, 2007 at 7:49 PM  

School work always comes first. And hopefully you'll remind me of that when I'm knee deep in homework next quarter but won't stop blogging.

There was an error in this gadget