Thursday, November 16, 2006

:: Christmas In November ::

I can't help it. I'm already excited about Christmas. I don't know what it is about waking up early, drinking cocoa, opening presents, and eating candy before breakfast that just gets me going, but it does. I am probably the only adult without small kids who can't sleep on Christmas Eve because she's excited.

And this year is no exception. I started making presents weeks ago and I've been scouring my favorite websites, magazines, and stores for perfect gifts. This year is going to be tougher than usual because, at least as of now, the 2007 budget is in the air. (Side note: we just made our very first law school loan payment. That was also fun.) But the money thing is only an added challenge: I can find awesome presents for awesomely little money, I just know I can.

So for today's post, I thought I'd share some of my favorite shopping websites. These are known and lesser-known little places I've stumbled across on the web and that you might just find inspiring for your own Christmas giving.

Enjoy! And MERRY CHRISTMAS! Forty days early.

Cath Kidston
OneHorseShy
Pixelgirl Shop
The Spoon Sisters
RedEnvelope
MonkeyBargains.com
Sundance
fredflare.com
Levenger
:: Global Exchange :: Fair Trade and Socially Conscious Gifts Online ::
Parkside Papers
Kate's Paperie
jessica pilar
Wishingfish.com
New York Transit Museum Store Online
MoMAstore
Planet Dog
fuss
goodsthatgive.com
philosophy
Appreciate | Give
Garnet Hill
west elm
Ravinstyle
Umbra
Aid to Artisans
Pamela Barsky
SUBLIME STITCHING
Pearl River
Fresh
Soleberry Modern Stationers
Paper Source
WilliamBounds : Quality Items for your Kitchen
Catfishgreetings.com
murgedesigns.com
NPR Shop
ZIPPERgifts.com
CloudStar.com -- "Good stuff for good pets"