Thursday, September 17, 2009

:: she said ::


{ from me to you. you can download the original pdf, which is 8.5" by 8.5", here. }

it's happening. i'm going back on my zoloft. i didn't want to, but i had promised myself when i went off it that if i needed to go back on i would. and when i started feeling crappy i gave myself a month to see if i could pull out of it.

my deadline was september 15th. i worked really hard, used my feelgood list and got more exercise and tried to cultivate an attitude of excitement and wonder.

but here i am.

my doc's advice was this: sometimes, it doesn't matter how hard you try. sometimes, it's organic. sometimes, it's inside. sometimes, you just need help.

so here we go.

7 comments:

Cameron September 17, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon! :) Thanks for the pdf! :)

~ Julie ~ September 17, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

Big hugs to you. I really understand. Thanks for the download. I'm going to hang it up on the fridge as a reminder.

Cecilia September 17, 2009 at 7:07 PM  

Hoping you are feeling better having made the decision - I think it's really brave. My stats are similar to yours... have a 2.5 yr old, and hit the wall with PPD at about the 9mth mark, I've been better for about 12 months, and off the meds for 9mths... and I'm 17wks with no 2.

I've been using a variation of your list - and so far so good...
Good Luck

Anonymous September 17, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

I really needed to read this tonight.. I am still on zoloft, dying to be taken off, but knowing that what your download says is so true.. sometimes you just need some help.. why is it that we all wish this wasn't true?
I hope you feel better really soon, you're a brave woman for accepting the help you knew you needed!

Unknown September 17, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

thanks so much to all of you. it's nice to know there are people out there reading and caring. : )

Danielle September 17, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

The important thing is you recognise when you need the help, congratulations, it is one of life's biggest hurdles...and big hugs!

Pretty Neat Designs September 18, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

It sounds like you have a good doctor (advice I was given by a former doctor wasn't nearly as kind or thoughtful). And no matter what the issue is, sometimes we all just need help. I think the blog world has helped me a lot because there is so much support out here. Thanks for the pdf!